You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘East Feast’ tag.
August 18, 2010 in Books, Spoken Word, Poetry & Literature, Breeze Culture Network, Film, Photography & Animation, Leeds, Live Events, Music, Radio & Broadcast, Theatre & Dance, Visual Arts, Workshops, Young People | Tags: Arts Ambassadors, Breeze Leeds, Children’s University, Connect Housing, David Young Community Academy, DAZL, East Feast, East Leeds Music Centre, East Leeds Youth Theatre, Education Leeds Extended Services, Elastic Band Orchestra, ELFM, Expression Arts Festival, Find Your Talent, First Cut Is The Deepest, Hope and Social, John Smeaton Academy, Junk Percussion Orchestra, Leeds Children Circus, Leeds City Council Youth Service, Michelle Scally Clarke, Next Generation, Parklands Dance, Seacroft Film Factory, seacroft manston, Seacroft Schools, smoothie making bicycle, Space2, Stella Litrus, stilt walkers, West Yorkshire Playhouse, West Yorkshire Playhouse Touring Company, West Yorkshire Police, Worm Collector | 3 comments
Saturday September 25th sees the launch of the second installment of the vibrant Seacroft community Expression Arts Festival, at the David Young Community Academy. Featuring an array of exciting activities, ranging from dance studios, open mics, junk percussion and live bands though to circus, stilt walkers and cheerleading workshops Expression Arts Festival promises to be a jam-packed day for children and young people in the local area
Supported by Find Your Talent, Seacroft Manston Children & Young Peoples Partnership, and organised by Space2, the event is a culmination of six months of rehearsals, workshops and creative learning in and around the Seacroft and Manston areas. Three hundred local young people have taken part in the preparations for Expression Arts Festival.
Based around the concept of ‘HMS Expression’ the nautical-themed festival will hold a ship’s crew and pirates and stowaways causing mischief, So come aboard, pick up your passports and explore the ships:
- ‘Theatre Space’ – The Elastic Band Orchestra, West Yorkshire Playhouse’s production of The Worm Collector , Parklands Dance, Seacroft Film Factory’s premiere, East Leeds Youth Theatre, and Connect Housing’s Junk Percussion Orchestra and many more will be performing
- ‘Canteen’ – Leeds performance poet Michelle Scally-Clarke and Stella Litras will host West Yorkshire Playhouse’s ‘First Cut’ open mic sessions featuring young people from the Seacroft area
- ‘Dance Studio’ – check out DAZL’s cheerleading squad, and Pilates workshops
- Wicker-making sessions and Leeds’ Children’s Circus outside throughout the day
- Market stalls, a smoothie-making bicycle, interactive stalls, and a visual arts exhibition
- East Leeds FM radio broadcasting live all day
Throughout Expression Arts Festival Seacroft Film Factory will film a documentary of the day, hosting a Big Brother style diary room in a garden shed, as well as showing their films in the Seacroft Film Factory cinema .
From 7-10pm East Leeds FM will host Next Generation, a live music event where local up and coming band Hope and Social will play alongside some of the best emerging bands from around Leeds. Tickets £3 each available from Jumbo or Crash Records (50p booking fee) or www.elfm.co.uk . No tickets available on the door. Age 11 – 18.
For more information on Expression Arts Festival check out the Breeze Leeds website.
EXPRESSION ARTS FESTIVAL 2010 SATURDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER, 12-4PM, DAVID YOUNG COMMUNITY ACADEMY, BISHOP’S WAY, SEACROFT, LEEDS, LS14 6NU ADMISSION FREE